Sunday 7 June 2009

A FRIEND



When my laughter fills the air
And my heart it is carefree
It is lovely with a friend to share
The moments of joy with me

Or when my eyes fill with tears
And my heart is heavy with care
What a comfort to tell my fears
To a friend who is listening there

For a true friend will help lift
The burden of a heavy load
Their aid to me will be swift
When I falter along life’s weary road

Hold on to a friend that is true
For many there be that are not
A friend that is praying for you
When others will give you no thought

I cannot see life’s plan
Or how my journey will end
But greater love is not known than
That someone will lay down their life for a friend

And such a one I have found
Jesus; who died on the wood of a tree
I was His enemy and Hell bound
But there He died for me

What love sent Him to the grave
My mind cannot comprehend
Why He came my soul to save
So I could call Him my friend

Jesus in triumph did ascend
Far above the blue sky up above
Now He is my living forever friend
The friend who gives me His love

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment