Sunday 27 October 2013

COUNTRYBOY WALK


The sun was rising on the breaking day
The mist of the morning drifting away
Gravel crunched beneath feet of the country boy
His mind full of wonder and his heart full of joy
At the bend of the road he climbed over the gate
In the grass of the meadow cattle lying in wait
Surrounded by hedges and tall majestic trees
The music in the air of bird song and bees
Green valley spread out, hills all around
His heart was set to climb every mound
To walk by the side of the babbling stream
See its waters sparkle in a golden sunbeam
He was mindful of many things as onward he walked
For His Lord was with Him and with Him He talked
My eyes see Lord so many wondrous things
The yellow of the buttercup and the butterfly wings
Teach me Lord of the things that I see
Tell of your wonder in nature to me

Country boy you have such an open mind
For you know in the country my glory you can find
The lessons for your heart are seen everywhere
From the beasts in the fields to the birds in the air
For I own all the cattle on a thousand hills
The sheep of the valley go after their own wills
But I am the good Shepherd and I call my own
Not one of them will be left all alone
I was the lamb slain for your sake
Though you strayed from my fold I carried you back
You know the trees one lifted me high
Thorns crowned my brow as I hung there to die
A hill it was placed on is something you know
Like the hills in the distance this way that you go
I am mindful of the sparrows if any should fall
My wings will cover you any time that you call
See the stones that lie scattered on the ground
How I forgive a woman when sin in others were found
For they dropped theirs when asked if they had no sin
No better than the accused for they were rotten within
A stone could not keep me sealed in the grave
I am risen glorified and able to save
I clothe the fields with grass and provide for your need
Fallow ground brings forth harvest from the good seed
Yes country boy you are easy to teach
For the joy of my salvation your heart it did reach
The many times on this way you have trod
In the wonder of nature you have seen your living God

So the country boy walked on in his way
Knowing in his travel he would be blessed that day
For of the country or sea rolling wave
All spoke of Him who eternally saves
With this all in his heart of joy
Walled in peace the country boy

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment