Thursday 8 April 2010

A NARROW MINDED CHRISTIAN

I’m a narrowed minded Christian
Because I walk a narrow way
Jesus told me to walk in it
And never from it to stray

Some call at me to chide
We are Christians too they claim
But we can walk a broader road
Yet serve God still the same

We can be of this world
Just a little bit you know
Come leave that narrow way
It’s all right for you to go

Don’t be so narrow minded
You can worship as you please
Forget about truth and spirit
When you pray upon your knees

But God knows my very thoughts
He looks within my heart
I think it’s really best for me
Not this narrow way to part

For some they said who did His work
I read on Judgement day
The Lord replies, I never knew you
And sends them on their way

So you may call me narrow minded
But I’ll stick to His word
I will never have an open mind
To anything that betrays my Lord

I’m a narrow minded Christian
And that’s the way I’ll stay
For He told me strait is the road
And to walk the narrow way!

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment