Tuesday 4 January 2011

THE ROAD

Many are the hazards on this road that I go
Unknown things are waiting around every bend
Up hills or straight or freewheeling at ease
Before this road of life it comes to an end

Times of merry journey like a sightseeing tour
To view pleasant things as onwards I go
This road is smooth and delightful to travel
How long to journey thus I just don’t know

A moment of time, so quick is the change
This road now perilous to be travelled with care
A hidden dip or a sudden curving bend
I see not the dangers that are lurking just there

Or the holes in this road to damage my carriage
Or the dry road of comfort that holds to my grip
Turns in an instance to one of great danger
And I to my death seem certain to slip

Joyous thoughts turn to screams of the mind
Panic and fear ride with me as I lose control
Nothing can I do in the events that are unfolding
I leave it in His hands the keeper of my soul

There is mercy for me in times like these
I have travelled so far but it’s not journey’s end
He lifts me from the ditch, wipes away my tears
Along this road to travel again He does send

For He has mapped out the distance that I will go
Gave to me His Holy Word for my highway code
Promised never to leave me in this journey of life
His hand holding mine as we travel down this road

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment