Sunday 13 June 2010

WHEN THE LAUGHTER STOPS

When the laughter stops in the heart
And is replaced with heartache sore
When the smile is taken from the lips
And tears from eyes they pour

The light of hope flies quick away
Despair comes in to take its place
Sadness sits upon the throne now
And of happiness there is no trace

I see the dreams of tomorrow
Snatched away with hope and joy
Fleeing from the heart of my son
As my arms cradle my darling boy

I feel the aching in my own heart
My tears they stream down like his
Trying with all I can in my power
To give him comfort in all of this

Oh I wonder as I hold him now
My son so close to my breast
If my Heavenly Father does the same
When trials they come to test

Do tears flow from His own eyes
Like this father for his child
Do His arms hold in the storm
When its winds are blowing wild

Is His Father’s heart aching too
As it does in the loved one He will hold
Does He encircle a shaking frame
With His arms and holds it in their fold

I have no doubt He surely does
Brushes away falling tear drops
His Father’s heart joins with His child
And is there when the laughter stops

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment