Friday 11 June 2010

WHO UNLOOSED THREE STRANDS?

A binding together, a cord of three strands
We thought were plaited by God’s own hands
But now unravelled, no more together three
For we are now unloosed, God, my dear friend and me

Like the rose of friendship planted by my lawn
The petals of our friendship now scattered and gone
Snatched away by winds that blew awesome and fierce
Now cruel thorns are left to torture and pierce

Why bind the cord but for a few years
To unloose it now to the falling of tears
A cord of faith and friendship united in the Son
An unanswered question why the unravelling was done

Was the enemy stronger than God to untie the knot?
Did my friend and I unloose it when for its binding we sought?
Or did God who held us together in His great mighty hands
Decide Himself in His wisdom to unloose a Cord of Three Strands

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment