Wednesday 3 October 2012

GOLDEN


Weeping leaves like golden tears
Kissing gently frosted ground
Beneath gnarled tree; soft under feet
A golden carpet spreads around

Frost has loosened holding stem
Breeze has caught them in her breath
Sets them on the dewy grass
Like golden coinage of untold wealth

A tree once stood in leafless form
No crown of beauty could it wear
For on its trunk cruelly nailed
The Son of God was hanging there

Weeping blood like crimson tears
Flowing softly to the ground
Beneath gnarled tree at His feet
Peace for my soul was finally found

Golden leaves of a carpet deep
A golden path that I tread
Soon to walk a golden street
With a golden crown on my head

Colin Moffett

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so beautiful Colin. thank you for introducing me to your Blog. I will be following it and reading your beautiful poems.Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete