Monday 9 April 2012

NATURE


I have walked the golden sand
Set my feet in the lapping tide
Watched the billows rolling in
Across the ocean deep and wide

Studied the waves in my sight
Viewed their ever restless motion
Saw the setting golden sun
Dip her colours in the ocean

I have strolled the cliff tops high
Watched the wheeling of the seagulls
Rested body on sun kissed rock
It’s warming breath to sleep it lulls

The hills they call, tug at my heart
I must climb their lofty peaks
See the valleys spread all around
Then joy in my heart a place it seeks

Grass verdant green and blue of sky
The daisy humble growing at my feet
I stand in wonder to look around
Where crest of hill and sky they meet

The streams gurgle their laughter clear
Dancing over rock and stone
Nature, creation in your embrace
God and I can meet alone

It matters not whether forest path
Or the hills that call to me
Or the restless ocean that will not sleep
God’s handiwork is in all to see

It’s where I meet Him every day
In the beauty abundant of my land
When we can in sweet commune
Stroll its pathways hand in hand

 Nature clothed in beauty garment
Ocean, stream, hillside green sod
I come to you to find refreshment
But most of all to talk to God

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment