Monday 28 October 2013

FORGIVEN


Father I have sinned against Heaven and you
The cry of the prodigal; homeward bound
And the forgiving father stretched forth his hand
"My son that was lost now is found"

Once I strayed far; lost in my sin
Then in repentance I bowed on my knee
I called on my Saviour in my sorrow and shame
And in His great mercy He forgave me

Redeemed and forgiven; in salvation I rejoice
Nothing in my heart now causes me grief
I came to the One who hung on a cross
Who promised Paradise to a repentant thief

God heaped our punishment on His darling Son
The pain and agony that Jesus went through
And for the mocking crowd He called aloud
Forgive them Father for they know not what they do

I must forgive as He has forgiven
Jesus has taught me this in His prayer
I must forgive and be forgiven of my brother
Before I meet God at His altar there

Victim of the hurts many people have inflicted
I must turn my cheek once again yet
And for all the wrongs; to truly forgive them
Then I know I must also forget

Even as my Father in Heaven above
Cast in the sea of His forgetfulness
All of my sins; then who offends me
To forgive and forget how can I do less?

Nothing that God cannot pardon
All the sins and evil you have done
But one thing He will never forgive
And that is when you reject His dear Son

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment