Wednesday 23 October 2013

WHAT'S BEST


Softly spoke the Lord as I quietly cried
When I asked why the pain; He gently replied
I know all the suffering you are going through
But listen to what I will tell to you

Your life was not easy and you knew much wrong
But you depended on me and your faith it grew strong
And when things happened you did not understand
It’s then you reached out so I could take your hand

When people hated you; then you knew more of my love
With no friends around then you turned to me above
When you were pushed away you came closer to my side
While other arms were closed to you; mine were opened wide

The beauty of this world; how more glorious it would be
If you had been blind and then you could see
From the torments of your heart that never seemed to cease
How more joyous for you when you knew my peace

If never sound had echoed in your ear
What of your delight when you then could hear
When at last you heard someone’s voice
How much more in your heart would you not rejoice?

When out of the darkness you appreciate the light
And the dawning of a new day after the night
After the cold of the winter; the warmth of summer sun
And the rest of your sleep when a day’s work is done

You would not know of joy if you had no grief
The power of healing when from pain there is relief
Over the sorrow of evil the triumph of good
And the freedom from hunger when you are filled with food

Someday my child you will more understand
And greater will be your joy in a better land
From the trials of this world a home of eternal rest
But enough to know for now I know for you what’s best

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment