Wednesday 10 June 2009

BY THE TOUCH OF HIS HAND



By the touch of His hand the great architect
Drew the plans of creation and brought it into effect
And all in the sea; in the air and on the land
Were built to perfection by the great builders hand

By the touch of His hand He painted the sky
When the canvas was blank the brush He did apply
The scenery of earth the great artist coloured there
And the beauty of His art is seen everywhere

By the touch of His He tuned the right notes
Give songs to the birds that warble from their throats
Written by the great musician; He give every air
Each melody to each creature He composed it with care

By the touch of His hand He formed Adam from the dust
Eve from the man’s rib and told them to trust
In Him the great creator; but they heeded not His demands
And the ruination of His handiwork has the touch of their hands

By the touch of His hand Mary conceived
Sinners trusting in her son from sin would be relieved
And Jesus the redeemer walked the dust of the earth
And said; come unto me and I will give you new birth

By the touch of His hand he healed the sick and the lame
The great physician cured all who called on His name
They crucified Him on a cross; death; a baying crowd demands
And the wood of the tree felt the touch of His hands

By the touch of His hand God rolled the stone away
Just to show that Jesus in grave no longer lay
Thomas doubted Christ had risen just the way it was planned
But believed in His Saviour when He touched Him by his hand

By the touch of His hand I know I was set free
From the penalty of sin when He reached to me
Why the great Redeemer died for me I will never understand
But I know His presence is with me by the touch of His hand

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment