Wednesday 10 June 2009

A LITTLE PIECE OF HEAVEN



There is a little piece of Heaven
It is wherever God is found
And everywhere I wander
I walk on hallowed ground

For Jesus walks beside me
He cleansed and made me whole
And everyday I am singing
With gladness in my soul

He took my hand and held it
And said from death arise
I offer salvation full and free
For I have paid the price

I took His gift so gladly
It came from nail-scarred hands
The riches I received
Outweighs the gold of earthly lands

The rich of earth are poor
If they call not Jesus name
And a beggar redeemed is rich
Although he has no fame

The self righteous stand so proud
Surely God looks well on them
To us; poor sinners; you can’t compare
Your sins will you condemn

But God He looks at the heart
And hears a sinner’s prayer
By grace and faith alone He justifies
Who stands the richest there?

There is a little piece of Heaven
Just a little that God did send
But hallelujah; there is coming glory
And all Heaven that has no end

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment