Wednesday 10 June 2009

A GOSPEL SONG



Listen to my words for I am a Gospel song
With the air of a tune to carry me along
Its notes go quickly or ever so slow
Rising high in soprano or deep bass that’s low

You might not like my melody but listen to me well
For someone composed me with a story to tell
The voice of a singer will bring me to your ears
I may fill you with joy or move you to tears

How gladly you should hear me for I tell of the Lord
The tune is a way to travel to bring you each word
And they will tell of Him who died on a tree
And the way of salvation when you listen to me

For you will hear of Jesus as you listen to my story
Of love and grace and forgiveness and the hope of eternal glory
You will hear of His Heaven and for His bride returning soon
If you but listen to my words and forget about my tune

You may not like the singer who gives my words voice
Of sad things I may tell you or to help you rejoice
But should it matter: if of Jesus they are singing
And my words are of truth in the message they are bringing

A gospel singer will use me to edify and teach
Much like a preacher in a sermon they will preach
For long hours they may try their message to converse
I may say as much in one single verse

A presenter may play me in a radio gospel programme
Along with others for of many I am
As you listen to me as my tune plays along
Please listen to my words for I am a Gospel song

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment