Thursday 11 June 2009

THE TURNING TIDE



My Saviour died; He gave His all
When I was young I heard His call
His blood was spilled; I turned aside
And plunged beneath the crimson tide

And oh what wondrous uplifting joy
He answered prayer; when just a boy
His arms held open; welcoming wide
And His love flowed over me like the ocean tide

I sank below it oh so deep
When joy and happiness over me did sweep
When on the crest of a wave I did ride
And my heart was as light as the foam topped tide

But the winds came later and stirred the waves
And I seemed to loose grip on the One who saves
Drifting away from the Saviour’s side
Tossed on the billows of the angry tide

I called for help but none would hear
They turned to me the deafened ear
They walked away from the ocean wide
And cared not I was sinking beneath the rolling tide

I cried in my misery and despair
Thinking not that my Saviour was always there
And He reached His hand and did gently chide
Did you think I would let you drown in the churning tide?

I heard your cries but I had plans for you
I know for me your heart is true
I know your thoughts; nothing can you hide
And I will calm for you now the restless tide

And He rolled away the heartaches of the years
And He dried my eyes and wiped away the tears
And I know with assurance from deep inside
He has answered prayer and set me on a turning tide

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment