Wednesday 10 June 2009

FEELING LOST



Tears are falling like the rain
That hits against this window pane
I look out at the sky of grey
With no sun to light the day

Will the raindrops never stop
Falling tears matches every drop
Of falling liquid from the sky
As I sit here and simply cry

Lord heal my heart this day
Feeling lost, show me the way
I used to follow it so well
Now where to tread I cannot tell

The crows outside in darkened sky
Seem to know the way to fly
To flock in number and then to go
Home to roost row on row

Would I know what is their guide
Yet I have you Lord by my side
So why my stumble, what have I done
To lose my way with God’s dear Son

Have I Lord, as I watch rain showers
Slipped my hand away from yours
When I should hold on at any cost
No wonder now I’m feeling lost

Raindrops are stopped, I cease to cry
For now bright rainbow arcs the sky
A promise for me in its bow
That you have never let me go

O Lord forgive me that I doubt
My way ahead you have worked out
And you hold me at such a cost
That I never again would be feeling lost.

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment