Monday 8 June 2009

THE SUNSET



I looked unto the distant hill
At evening’s disappearing show
And watched the setting sun
Set the sky aglow

The redness of the western sky
Spoke of blood running free
And the purple reminded me of the King
Who died on a rugged tree

I watched the drifting darkness come
In sunset’s fading light
And all its brilliant radiance
Being swallowed up in night

I thought of a loving Saviour
Who came to die and save
How the beauty of His brilliance
Was swallowed up in grave

I watched the setting sun
Disappear behind the hill
And remembered the Son of God
Doing His Father’s will

I looked unto the distant hill
At morning’s appearing show
When the rising sun
Set the sky aglow

I thought of a risen Saviour
As I watched the eastern sky
How it would be bathed in radiance
When He comes back by and by

The sunset was beautiful
When the west was all aglow
But when the Son of God lights the eastern sky
What splendour will be on show

Colin Moffett

No comments:

Post a Comment