Thursday 11 June 2009

THE GARDEN



When sun it shines at early dawn
The sparkling dewdrops sprinkle lawn
And in my garden where the flowers grow
I remember my God planted one long ago

For He once walked at cool of day
And called to Adam and Eve along the way
But they had sinned and need pardon
And God drove them from Eden’s garden

I stroll in my garden while the birds sing
I see snowdrops; daffodils welcome spring
All new life that I can see
Reminds there is new birth for me

I kneel to weed beneath sky of blue
And remember Jesus kneeled in a garden too
I wonder if His tears sprinkled the flowers
As he prayed alone in those darkest hours

I see the beauty of a rose
My Lord is lovelier than one of those
And the lily growing fair
Its beauty to Him cannot compare

I jag myself on the prickly thorn
My Lord crowned with those on crufixion morn
He whispers to me when I toil
My words of life will flourish in the good soil

His beauty is in each flower I see
There is no place where I would rather be
For I am nearer to Him who gives me pardon
When I worship Him there in my beautiful garden

Colin Moffett

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful work..Beauty of LORD can be seen in everything he created...

    thanks........

    www.holychristianlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment Redeemed.

    ReplyDelete