Monday 19 February 2024

I NEED


I need to take your hand o Lord
To walk in nature's wonder
To satisfy my artist heart
In the scenery that you paint
Here there and yonder
 
The blueness of the sky above
The clouds that dance along
The hills that kiss them
And the valleys spread
Give my heart a song
 
The verdant green how you mix
The colour for the grass
Of spread out field
And leaf of tree
Your brushwork is first class
 
Dip your paintbrush in green and blue
Spread it on the ocean wide
The yellow tinted haze
Of beach and sand
That is rolled over with the tide
 
I need to take your hand o Lord
To walk among the flowers
To satisfy my gardener's heart
In the hedgerows of the country
Or the daisy strewn fields
In them let me spend my hours
 
The lily of the valley
The pink and purple rose
The beauty of each petal
Of some lowly buttercup
Smiling at my toes
 
I need to take your hand o Lord
To walk in melody sweet
To satisfy my musicians heart
In the love song of a bird
Or bees with gentle hum
And the little cricket chirping at my feet
 
Listen to the running water
That babbles in a stream
Gurgling over stones
There on its primrose sides
I could lie in pleasant dream
 
I need to take your hand o Lord
For with no other I would stroll
To satisfy my every need
Down life's road you are the one
Who brings all the joys to my life
And everything that fills my soul

 

No comments:

Post a Comment