Monday 5 February 2024

THE SUMMER SEAT


Where the rose drops her perfume

sweetly in the air
where the lily nods her head
with beauty that is rare
Where the pansies and the daises
Smile up with glee
Its on the summer seat
Where you will find me

All the garden is in bloom

Beauty all around
The butterfly wings on her way
and the bee gives of her sound
The birds sing merrily
from the leafy tree
and in my summer seat
I am as content as can be

There I view God's handiwork

Aided a bit by me
He give me hands to plant and toil
but His sun and rain came free
He kissed the ground with His breath
Give a little heat
All I had to do was just sit back
In my summer seat

I remember once He prayed

In a garden long ago
where sweatdrops came from His brow
mingled with blood in a flow
I remember also the wooden cross
He hung from in the heat
The cruel tree held His body
That for Him was His summer seat

But death failed in her bid

To keep Him in her hold
For He arose to the air
From the tomb lying cold
Now He sits there on high
For His church to wait
To gather them to His throne
More that a summer seat

I enjoy my time here looking

at the beauty all around
Marvelling at the wonder
That comes from the ground
But sometime I will be gone
My Jesus for to meet
Then all thats left in my garden
is an empty summer seat


 

No comments:

Post a Comment