Monday 5 February 2024

THE MAN AT THE GATE


Who is that my sister lamb who stands at yonder gate

A shepherd's crook in His hand patiently He stands in wait
A gentle look in His eyes a face that looks so kind
Why is He standing there my sister why does He stand and mind

Don't you remember my brother lamb when we went astray

In the wilderness we wandered, soon we lost our way
Then this Man who is a shepherd caught us in His hold
He placed us on His shoulders and carried us back to this fold

He is the good shepherd He guards us night and day

He keeps the wolf from entering, our enemies He keeps at bay
He gave us this green pasture so we can lie at ease
He is the saviour of our souls and Him we should always please

Oh my sister lamb I just love this shepherd of the sheep

Though I am just a lamb He still has me in His keep
I know that He saved me one day from a terrible fate
I am so glad He is there this Man standing at the gate

 

No comments:

Post a Comment